Saturday, September 19, 2009

High Lonesome Strings

A couple of months ago I saw The Snyder Family Band perform at MusicFest 'n Sugar Grove, and I was very impressed. During their performance Laine Snyder mentioned that 3-year-old Owen was starting banjo lessons, and I wished that I had one of my brother Tom's homemade banjos to show him.

Tom has been building prototypes for the past couple of months, and recently sent me one.

Last weekend I parked the house at Shakori Hills and helped prepare for the upcoming events there. I intended to be back at Shakori Hills later this week for the fiddler's convention. But, by Wednesday I wasn't feeling at all like moving again. The
High Lonesome Strings Bluegrass Association had an event scheduled for this weekend where I was parked (Hagan-Stone Park), so I decided to just stay put.

This evening I didn't feel much like going out to listen to the music, but I did anyway, and discovered that The Snyder Family Band was performing...right here!

Owen and a few other banjo players got to try out Tom's banjo. (Owen didn't want to give it up!) Click
here for some photos.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't posted in awhile Scott. Just thought I'd remind you.

    ReplyDelete