Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beating the Heat


The air conditioner has been running for most of the last few weeks while the house was parked in Wilkesboro, Salisbury, and Greensboro. In the meantime, daytime highs in Boone (in the mountains) have been around 80 -- even during the heat wave. That was starting to sound pretty good.

So, today I pulled the house up to Honey Bear Campground in Boone. It was hot when I left Greensboro, so I had the truck's air conditioner running the whole trip. But, when I arrived at the campground (mid-afternoon) and opened the door to get out, it was cooler outside than it was in the cab of the truck!

Tonight at 10:30 the outside temperature was 63 degrees. So, for the first time in weeks, I opened a window by the bed and turned the whole-house exhaust fan on low. Then, I put the fan remote control on the nightstand in case it gets too chilly.

On the first day of July!

Wow. I may be here a while. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment