Saturday, July 25, 2009

FloydFest - Friday Summary

Got to the festival at about 10am. Since I was scheduled for a double shift (3pm - 11:30pm) and I planned to help out where I could before my shift, and because I normally eat only once or twice a day, I had a couple of Due South Pit Cooked BBQ sandwiches (all 5 of their specialty sauces were awesome), followed by two pints of water.

I worked the VIP area backstage for a couple of hours or so, then meandered to the Beer & Wine Garden.

During my scheduled shift I drank another eight pints of water. (That's five quarts, if you're keeping track.) I must radiate water vapor (or separate the hydrogen from the oxygen and burn it), because I didn't use the "facilities" once until I got back to the RV (about midnight).

I got one solitary, fifteen-minute break at 5:45, so I headed for the Dreaming Creek Stage to watch The Duhks finish their set. And I started to learn to dance.

That was a long day. I'm sore, tired and a little sunburned. But...it was a hoot!

Click here to see my Friday photos of FloydFest.

No comments:

Post a Comment